GOOGLE ADS CASE STUDY
Local Roofing Contractor in Georgia – How we managed to get 61 leads, at 30% conversion rate in 30 days
- Maximize Conversions (Industry average is 6%)
- Generate phone calls and form submissions to schedule in-person consultations
- Lower Cost Per click (Suggested Bid from Google is $20 per click)
- Target whole Savannah area (7 cities)
- Create Custom Landing Pages for every city
- Set up conversion tracking (we track everything)
- Cost per Click was $12 – down by 60% – from $20 to $12
- We generated 61 leads with $1900 Ads ad spent – $31 per lead
- Conversion rate was between 16% and 45% (depending on the city) – average 30%
Local roofing contractor from Savannah Ga have decided to explore online marketing possibilities. They wanted to have a new stream of potential roofing leads coming through their website. They approached us without any knowledge about advertising possibilities online and asked for help.
We have taken action
First of all, we researched the market for the opportunities to advertise roofing company’s business online. Our chosen platform – Google Ads. When we compared how much they are able to spend (Customer Acquisition Cost) with the price of clicks and possible conversion rates – we decided that it’s definitely worth trying to launch a dedicated Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign.
We started from
Next, the dedicated landing page was created which matched the relevant search in order to maximize the Conversion Rate (CR) of all incoming visitors. There’s a golden rule of all marketing campaigns – NSAMCWADLP – “Never Start A Marketing Campaign Without A Dedicated Landing Page!”. As we followed this rule we were able to do A/B split testing on our ads and landing pages in order to constantly improve the Conversion Rate of our campaign.
EXPECTED LEAD PRICE
OUR LEAD PRICE
30 days down the road results were amazing. At the moment of writing this article, we are able to convert 26-28% of all traffic!
Cost per lead is only $30. The client told us that anything below
But why believe everything I say, check out the picture below. It’s taken directly from our Google Ads account.
Key points when you are optimizing your Ads campaigns:
Landing page optimization – they want to connect with YOU (not a logo) and they want to see pictures, reviews and clear call to action
- Always use a landing page without your main navigation. You want them to call you and no browse around your website
- Display pictures of your work
- Display 5 stars reviews (with profile pictures)
- Display trust badges: for example your Angie’s list badge or BBB.org badge
- People want to connect with people, not LOGOS. Put your picture up there (video works even better) and tell them you’ll take care of them
Google Ads optimization – use everything Google gives you
- You want to take as much real estate on Google as you can. You want people to click on your Ad
- Use Extensions: call extension, location extension (with location extension your ads will show up in Google maps section),
sitelinkextensions (add a link to a free estimate or inspection)
- TEST, TEST, TEST – start with at least 3-5 different ads. You need to figure out what is working in your niche. What people respond best to. In this roofing example: adding 40 years warranty on every ad and on a landing page boosted our conversion by 15%. Getting your roof replaced it’s a big investment and people want to feel secure. Slapping that 40-year warranty was a huge difference. Every niche has it’s own trust signals. USE them across your advertising